Thursday, May 31, 2007

Straight from the Mouth of Mensa!

My baby sister is a member of Mensa...for those unfamiliar with Mensa...tis for smarties. Those with unusually high IQs (I think like the top 2% IQs of the world) may belong to this group. This I can tell you, you want to learn a thing or two, speak to one of these folks, but don't expect to follow all the logic and intellect of a Mensan.

Just this evening when pondering how many pecks are in bushel, I learned that most weird things come in 20s and 40s...a concept I won't pretend to comprehend...after learning that there are 4 pecks in a bushel, I learned that both 20 and 40 are multiples of and are divisible by 4. This is only one logical life lesson I have learned from the wealth of knowledge that is my baby sister.

Examples of the above concept: fortnight, four score, and my baby sister. (All weird things that come in 40s or 20s.)

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I love you a bushel and a peck!!!